Monday, September 14, 2009

The Devil @ The VMAs

Asalaamu alaykum wa rahman tu Allah!

May the peace and blessings of God be upon you. To All my Muslims, Ramadan Mubarak! Only 6 more days left in this glorious and holy month. All praises be to the most high, the one God to whom all praises are due.

Sorry for the hiatus, but I like to take Ramadan off and focus on Islam. The blog will be back up with much new content after E'id, insh'Allah (God Willing).

Allow me to say one thing. This is MY blog. If you're familiar with me, you know I speak what I feel, I speak my mind, and I speak my heart.

For those who aren't familiar and have no idea who I am or haven't figured it out yet ... yes, I am a Muslim. (shocking init?)

Quick summary. In Islam we believe in praise to One God, the creator of all, the same God you all pray to, except we assign no partners to him. We believe in the Torah and The Bible, but we believe God sent us the Qur'an as a final sign and to clear up errors and make things right with both books, and the Qur'an is the actual word of God. We don't believe he had a son, we don't believe he came in the form of a man, or none of that. We believe he sent many prophets, whom all were Muslim and Muhammed Ibn Abduallah of 1400+ years ago was the final prophet and seal of the prophethood. That's it, in short at least.

So I'm sure every one watched the VMAs last night, or at least heard about the antics. Kanye West again stole the show and made off like a bandit. Kudos to him for keeping himself relevant. Kanye West ladies and gents, taking over the world one non assuming white girl at a time. Say what you want, I thought it was staged and hilarious.

But that's not what I'm going to address!! *Gasp* I know, I know, I'm ever the rebel compelled to go against the grain. Nah, see what I'm going to put on blast is a joke every one thought was harmless fun, but in actuality was like 6 day old milk with a brussel sprout blend, very pour taste.

A Muslim brother by the name of Anas brought the following video of Jack Black calling for a Jummah (congregational) prayer to praise the Iblis (the devil). Watch below




I'm sure those who aren't Muslim are all too familiar with what is said in their respective books and religion about the devil, but what does is said in Islam? Well I have included two excerpts from Al-Qur'an to quench the thirst for the aforementioned knowledge.



Surah
An-Nahl:

"When thou dost read the Qur'an, seek Allah's protection from Satan the rejected one.

No authority has he over those who believe and put their trust in their lord.

His authority is over those only, who take him as patron and join partners with Allah."



Surah Al-Ra'd:

"To Him is due the true prayer, any others that they call upon besides him hear them no more than if they were to stretch forth their hands for water to reach their mouths, but it reaches them not: For the prayer of those with out faith is nothing but vain prayer."



There are other verses, but I felt those two dealt with the matter at hand quite fittingly.

See I wanna make this short and sweet. I don't care what you worship, or how you practice your beliefs. That is indeed your business. However, I do believe in showcasing strong moral fibre and upholding the theorem of responsible behaviour when amongst the presence of children and impressionable minds.

Yeh, yeh, I get it, Jack Black is a really funny guy. I'ma huge fan of his. But that was just straight out fuckry. I never expect MTV to show any type of cooth now days but come on. People were saying Kanye has no class for his antics. How can you even associate the words "class" and "MTV" in the same paragraph other than this very paragraph? To straight out co-sign devil worship is beyond me. I guess that really lets you know what time it is! ... I wonder if BET would of allowed that? Meh, I wouldn't doubt it.

Lemme bring it to a close on this note though. Lets say, one of these famous MUSLIMS, Akon, T-Pain, Mos Def, Lupe Fiasco, Snoop Dogg (chuckle), Dave Chappelle, or Shaq would of received an award and said "all Praise be to Allah" or something of that nature? I can PROMISE you that 1 of the following would occur. That segment would of been edited out of the broadcast, the speach would of been cut and the recipient of the award would be hurried off stage, he would catch immediate backlash for being "preachy" on stage and not keeping his beliefes at home, or he'd have been the target for any and all type of Islamic-bashing devices. But you can worship the devil on MTV. That's one hell of a message folks.

I really dont have any conclusion other than this. In the words of Jay-Z (who's new album is TERRIBLE)

"Dough to get, more shows to rip, I suggest you all roll with the click, who you wit?"


PS. I bet NO website or news out lets covers this outside of here ... so make sure to credit the source!

PPS. My birthday is Sept 16th ... just throwing that out there ... That's Wednesday. I'll be 24.

I wear a size 34-34 pants, XL shirt, 7 3/8 hat - thank you very much.



The Ayatollah has spoken!